locking out repeatedly on a mac

adiallo
adiallo
Community Member

After years of not having 1Password lock out on my home iMac running 10.13.6, I started having to unlock the browser extension multiple times a day. I then installed the 1Password X beta 1.19.2 for Chrome and the 1Password 7.5 beta 1 for Mac. I deselected all the autolock options in the Mac app prefs. I set the Chrome extension to integrate with the Mac app. I can quit and relaunch Chrome without having to unlock, but after about 30 minutes of computer use with Chrome hidden, I have to unlock 1Password. Any troubleshooting suggestions?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:locking

Comments

• Thanks for reaching out, @adiallo. :) We're currently aware of an issue that causes 1Password X to ignore the desktop app's auto-lock settings. You may have better luck turning off the auto-lock setting for 1Password X:

1. Right click the 1Password toolbar icon in your browser and choose Settings.
    2. Temporarily disable Desktop App Integration.
    3. Bump the auto-lock settings in the Security section.
    4. Re-enable Desktop App Integration.

Let us know if that doesn't do the trick!

• swrobel
    swrobel
    Community Member

@cecelia I just checked and after disabling Desktop App Integration, and auto-lock was already disabled, and yet I'm still seeing this behavior.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @swrobel! Thanks for joining in the conversation. When you visit your 1Password X settings (right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar, then select Settings), do you see any errors there that indicate Desktop App Integration isn't connected properly?

• swrobel
    swrobel
    Community Member

@kaitlyn no, I don't

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for getting back to me, @swrobel. What do your 1Password for Mac auto lock settings look like? If you open up 1Password's Preferences and click on the Security tab, you should see something like this:

• swrobel
    swrobel
    Community Member

@kaitlyn all boxes unchecked

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2020

@swrobel – Hmm. 🤔 How often would you say 1Password X is locking for you? Is it after your computer is idle for a certain amount of time, or is it locking when you fully quit your browser, or perhaps you've noticed a different pattern?

• swrobel
    swrobel
    Community Member

@kaitlyn it's happening seemingly constantly, I believe after idle time. This is definitely new behavior and very annoying - I've been using the desktop app integration with X beta since it was available and haven't had any issues of this sort.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@swrobel – How strange that it would suddenly act out like this. I'd love to check out a copy of your 1Password X log after it locks, if you don't mind. That should help me figure out if the lock request is coming from 1Password for Mac or 1Password X. Next time you notice it lock when you don't feel it should have, can you follow the instructions here to get your 1Password X log? Please either post the contents here or send them in an email to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this forum post. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.