Must Click "Save" for both the Login and Password When Logging Into a New Site for the First Time?

Hi there - new user! When I am asked to fill a login field on the web for the first time, I see the 1P icon and can enter the login, and then am asked to save the login.

I then have to enter the new password, and save that as well. It works.

However, the video tutorial shows the person entering the login and password and only having to click "Save" one time. What am I doing wrong? Or is this normal behavior?

1Password Version: 7.4.767
Extension Version: 1.19.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Hi @mtschirret,

Thanks for writing in.

I am not sure which video tutorial you saw but you may be seeing the difference between 1Password X and the 1Password app companion browser extensions, they both work differently.

In 1Password X, it runs all within the browser with no interaction with the desktop program like 1Password for Windows on your PC. In that case, you can choose to either save with just the username first or skip and do the password first and save it as a new item. You can also just save the username and then update the item with the password as you go down to the next field.

For the 1Password app companion extension, you do it once as there's no 1Password icon within your field, it talks to your running 1Password for Windows program to save the data once you enter them.

This discussion has been closed.