how to change input location on a page without making a new login

The DS logon opens with three locations to fill in usernames and passwords. I want to use one specific set. Your support site says to create a new login but I don't want to do that because I have so much info in my original login that would not repopulate into a new login.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: WLAN Server
Referrer: forum-search:Change input location without making a new login

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @Mac_Mom,

By DS do you mean the Synology Disk Station or does DS refer to something else? I just want to get a better idea of the page you need 1Password to fill. Ideally either the place in the Synology DS interface where the three locations are as I can't think where that is or the URL if it's a site and I just haven't recognised the abbreviation. Unfortunately even the best case scenario is likely to be very fiddly and it could very well end up just being easier to copy stuff over.

Let's say the easiest path is to create a new one and paste stuff over. One thing that might help reduce the pain is to have the item anchored by way of 1Password mini so you can easily copy stuff across. What I mean by this is:

1. Save a new Login item and confirm it works as needed before anything else.
    2. In the main 1Password window locate the new item and enter edit mode.
    3. Use the keyboard shortcut ⌥⌘\ to access 1Password mini and locate your previous item.
    4. Use the keyboard shortcut ⌘O (or the icon with an anchor for the image) to have the item permanently accessible on top of the main 1Password window.

That will allow you to hopefully copy stuff over easier than jumping between the two items and having to enter and leave edit mode repeatedly.

If it's just tens and tens of custom fields then it might be you still want to consider the more fiddly approach. Before we do so though we will need to determine what we need to do to make the Login item work at all and that's where learning what page you're trying to fill will help.

• Mac_Mom
    Mac_Mom
    Community Member

Thank you for reaching out. I don't have the problem anymore, though, so I never came back to check for the answer. In case it ever arises for someone else, DS Logon = DoD Self-service Logon. It's how military/military family members and DOD civilians/contractors login to certain sites. (Healthcare, ID card info, etc.).

• Thanks for the follow up. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.