Older iPad running IOS 10.3.4 can't open app. Get message of "problem with your sign in".

3Foot
3Foot
Community Member

I've tried repeatedly since we took our subscription in 2019 to use the app on my older iPad to no avail. I always get the same response "Problem with your sign in". I wants me to try again but it is an endless loop with no satisfaction. Is there something I can do to get it to function? In the past I have just ignored it and used it on the other newer devises but would like it to work on the iPad as well.

Thanks, DT

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:IPAD running IOS 10.3.4

Comments

• @3Foot

To use an account requires the use of 1Password 7, and 1Password 7 requires iOS 12.2 or later. The only option is to upgrade your iPad or possibly update the OS if thats an option. I wish I had better news for you.

• 3Foot
    3Foot
    Community Member

Thx. Oh well, it was worth a try., The app loaded fine and I didn't realize the iPad was so old in tech terms. It works for other things just fine. Perhaps one day, I'll upgrade but for now the device fits most of my needs.

• @3Foot

I can certainly understand that perspective, however, running an unsupported OS on a device connected to the internet is far less than ideal from a security perspective. I get that it can be difficult to justify replacing what seems to be a perfectly capable device, but when that device is no longer receiving security updates it is probably time to seriously consider at least disconnecting it from the internet.

Ben

• 3Foot
    3Foot
    Community Member

Thanks again. I checked with Apple and the device is currently supported with intermittent updates even though it doesn't have the features of the newer models. The IOS is still secure according to the article I read but I can no longer run newer IOS versions. I'll still consider an upgrade and turn the old on into a music server or ???

• I'll still consider an upgrade and turn the old on into a music server or ???

I think that sounds like a reasonable approach. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.