Please include the "send a copy" feature in the macOS client

Options
wagnerone
wagnerone
Community Member

The web version of 1Password has a "send a copy" feature we use in our business to share secrets generated by IT (and related groups) directly to peoples' private vaults.

We use it to share various secrets (generated both within and outside of 1Password) securely instead of using email/messaging/etc.

However, this is basically the only thing we have to regularly leave the friendly confines of the macOS client to do.

It would be beneficial to our business to do in the client too. It would improve our security posture and workflow efficiency.

If it were in the client, we'd use it a lot more and, in turn, get our people even more comfortable using 1Password.

Others outside of IT would also use it to share between vaults and, having shared something to someone's vault, require 1Password holdouts to use and get more comfortable with the idea of using 1Password.

Also, having the option when sharing to "move to trash" would be nice too. Right now we end up with what is usually an unwanted copy in the source vault when we "send a copy".

Thanks,
Mike

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @wagnerone

Thanks for the feedback on this! We'd definitely like to get to a point where most everything can be done within the native apps. 'Send a copy' is currently in beta, and so I'm not sure that it would be at the top of the list of things to add to the apps, at least until we're sure it is going to make it out of beta. I do agree that would be much more convenient though.

Also, having the option when sharing to "move to trash" would be nice too. Right now we end up with what is usually an unwanted copy in the source vault when we "send a copy".

So more send, less copy. Interesting. :) Thanks for letting us know about this use case.

I would encourage you to reach out to your account manager (or business@1password.com) to let them know that you're using this feature and you'd like to see it expanded / come out of beta. They would be in the best position to advocate for business oriented solutions. If you'd like you can include a link to this thread (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/113420/) so you don't have to repeat yourself. :+1:

Ben

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, @Ben - I will do just that!

• Ben
    Options

You're welcome :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.