Masterkey password not working on windows

cybertim
cybertim
Community Member
edited May 2020 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I recently became a user of 1Password yesterday. I can access my 1Password account on my mac and phone, but for some reason I cannot access my account on my windows PC. I have my masterkey password written down, so I know I'm not mistyping it. I also changed my password to something a little simpler, while encountering the same issue. I don't know if this is happening due to too many attempts or what. I am also able to log into my account with my masterkey on the webpage. This problem only began a few hours ago, and there was no issues getting into the windows application a few hours ago and yesterday.

Edit: I've restarted my PC multiple times as well.

1Password Version: 7.4.767
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 64-bit
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cybertim! Welcome to the forum!

Did you install the 1Password app on your Windows PC some time ago? I wonder if the app still has old information.

• marshall_stacks
    marshall_stacks
    Community Member

I'm experiencing the same thing today. I don't use the Windows app often and I haven't used it in a while. I've also changed my master password since the last time I used it.
    I can log into 1Password X just fine, as I do every day, but the desktop app just shows the red wigglin' lock animation.

(I updated to the latest version, the previous version said it was unsupported. Either way, it still won't let me unlock)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @marshall_stacks,

If you changed your Master Password, you'll need to finish changing your password in 1Password 7 for Windows. Open and unlock 1Password 7 on your PC using your old Master Password, click the red authentication error banner, and sign in with your new Master Password.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• marshall_stacks
    marshall_stacks
    Community Member

Thanks, @Greg , logging in with my old password did fix it like you said. Crisis averted!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Greg, you are welcome @marshall_stacks! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.