Vownloading Rich Icons Windows version 4.6.2.626

FdSC
FdSC
Community Member

I am having an issue downloading Rich Icons on my Windows laptop.

I have 1Password version 7.5.2 on my iPhone 7 Plus (iOS13.5) and 1Password for Windows version 4.6.2.626 on my laptop (Windows 10 Pro 64 bit). The two share a common .opvault file, which is stored on Dropbox.

On my iPhone, I am able to download Rich Icons for nearly each of the 920 items in the vault. On my laptop, however, when I attempt to download Rich Icons (File-Download Rich Icons), after quite some time has elapsed I receive the message “810 icons could not be retrieved”.

I have disabled all of the laptop’s anti-virus software and firewalls, but the issue continues. Are there any suggestions as to what else may be causing the issue?

Many thanks.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:rich icons windows version 4.6.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @FdSC! Welcome to the forum!

I think this might be happening since 1Password 4 for Windows is very old now, and has not received any update for years. The team has moved all the development effort towards the latest 1Password 7 for Windows, so I suggest you give the latest version a try and see if that works better ;)

• FdSC
    FdSC
    Community Member

Dear @ag_ana,

Many thanks for the kind welcome and quick response.

The Rich Icons had worked in the past – my thought was that perhaps there may be an issue with how the links are entered (e.g., https://, http://, simply www., etc.).

That said, I could upgrade to the latest version but have a question respecting that – is it possible to have a standalone file that is not on the 1Password site and is shared between the iPhone and Windows laptop? I recall that at one point it was not, which is why I opted for the current configuration.

Many thanks again,

FdSC

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@FdSC:

That said, I could upgrade to the latest version but have a question respecting that – is it possible to have a standalone file that is not on the 1Password site and is shared between the iPhone and Windows laptop? I recall that at one point it was not, which is why I opted for the current configuration.

Yes: 1Password 7 supports standalone vaults, which you can continue storing and syncing on Dropbox if you prefer :)

This discussion has been closed.