To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Vault migration - attachments lose reference to original item when moved to new vault

J_schwinn
J_schwinn
Community Member
edited June 2020 in Memberships

v7.5 - After migrating from a standalone vault to the Private vault the attachments have become separate items and the original items now contain a reference to the attachment. When moving the items to new vaults within the same membership account the item which originally contained the attachment loses the reference to the attachment. Is this a problem with migration or just how it works now and moving items which contain attachments will lose the reference to the attachment?

I see that attachments are now separate and found in the Documents category. I assume this is a difference between the standalone and membership vaults. The best solution so far seems to move the items to the new vaults, lose the reference and then rebuilt from the file found in the documents category.

thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @J_schwinn!

Is this a problem with migration or just how it works now and moving items which contain attachments will lose the reference to the attachment?

This is how things work now. We are aware of this behavior and we are looking at ways to improve this in the future ;)

I see that attachments are now separate and found in the Documents category. I assume this is a difference between the standalone and membership vaults.

That's correct.

• J_schwinn
    J_schwinn
    Community Member

Thanks Ana, it's definitely not optimum to create multiple items to clutter up the vault when it's not necessary. Glad to hear it's being looked at.

• :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.