Brave

This discussion was created from comments split from: Bug Report: 1Password with Brave Browser on Mac.

Comments

• Emanuelem
    Emanuelem
    Community Member

Unfortunately the extension (v4.7.5.90) still does not work with the latest version of Brave (v1.9.72) and 1Password (v6.8.9) on Mac OS (v10.14.5) after restart :(

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Emanuelem:

Brave 1.9.72, which you are running, is not the latest version of the browser. Can you make sure that you don't have any pending updates to version 1.9.76?

• Emanuelem
    Emanuelem
    Community Member
    edited June 2020

Hi @ag_ana, I am now running the latest version 1.9.76 but still not working :'(

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2020

Hi @Emanuelem

My apologies — it appears you're using 1Password 6 for Mac. That version has been retired and is no longer being updated. It does not support modern versions of the Brave web browser. If you'd like to use Brave with 1Password you would need to upgrade to 1Password 7, or use 1Password X. Either/both are included with 1Password membership. If you already have a membership you can find these options here:

If you don't yet have a membership, this guide can help:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Emanuelem
    Emanuelem
    Community Member

Hi @Ben

Thanks for clarification, I must say it is very unfortunate that 1PW 6 is not longer supported (still works in other browsers though). I always liked the idea being able to store my data locally and not being forced to pay a monthly fee.

Emanuel

• I understand. Thanks for sharing your perspective @Emanuelem. 1Password operates in an ever changing environment — new versions of web browsers being a relevant example of that. Keeping up requires ongoing work, and so an ongoing subscription to support that work is what is needed in order to maintain a sustainable business model.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.