published application

mbrez
mbrez
Community Member

We use 1Password on our Remote Desktop system, especially now when everyone is working from home. This works ok on a shared desktop, however, we need to be able to add this to the Published Applications. With the executable being stored in the user profile (and roaming profiles being turned on) I'm finding it difficult to establish an executable to publish. Is there a workaround for this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:published application

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mbrez! Welcome to the forum!

What is the issue you are facing exactly? Where are you getting stuck in the process?

• mbrez
    mbrez
    Community Member

The issue is that I'm unable to create a published app for the 1Password desktop client. Access to 1Password is locked down to our office domain. With so many working remotely these days they are required to use our remote desktop system to gain access. Many of our users want to be able to access the client without launching a full remote desktop session. The executable resides in users appdata folder, and appdata is located in a profile container; trying to publish an executable using the %localappdata% variable doesn't work. I'm looking for some kind of workaround, hoping that maybe someone has worked through the issue already and can give me guidance on an alternate way of creating the published app or an alternate place to run the executable from that I can use to publish it with.

• Hi @mbrez

Thank you for the additional details, and my apologies for the delay in getting an answer to you. Unfortunately this is not a use case that we can support at this time, as our Windows application has to live in the user folder. I'm happy to leave this thread open in case any of our customers have found a way around this and are willing to share.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.