Submit button doesnt work in 1p app

GOmalley
GOmalley
Community Member

I'm currently unable to login one of my accounts. The login and password autofill but clicking the submit button does nothing. This has happened before with other websites (but to my knowledge is working with them now). Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: 7.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios 13.5.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Cannot submit login info

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @GOmalley! Welcome to the forum!

What is the URL of this website, so we can test it? Thank you!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the URL @GOmalley .

We seem to be able to autofill it fine here in Chrome on a Mac computer. Can you please tell us on which device are you trying to autofill? If it's a computer, which operating system, which browser and which 1Password extension are you using?

• GOmalley
    GOmalley
    Community Member

Thanks, Yaron. Some of this info is in my original post: I'm using the 1Password app on ios 13.5.1. The information autofills just fine. It's the submit button that does not work.

• Sorry for the confusion, and thank you for clarifying, @GOmalley. I've been unable to reproduce that issue on my end. When I use the iOS autofill feature to fill the login on that page the log on button remains clickable. Are you using autofill as described in this guide?

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

Also, if you don't use autofill to fill the credentails, and instead copy & paste into the same form, do you ever see this problem? Please let me know.

Ben

• GOmalley
    GOmalley
    Community Member

Hi Ben.
    I'm trying to access the page within the 1Password app itself rather than from Chrome, etc.

• Okay that could be the problem. Please try the instructions above. Autofill from within a web browser is the recommended way to fill credentials into web pages on iOS 12+.

Ben

• GOmalley
    GOmalley
    Community Member

Does 1Password no longer support its own web browser? I find it much easier to use than what you've described as the recommended method. I'd be disappointed to lose this feature of your app.

• @GOmalley

There hasn't been any focus on 1Browser since iOS introduced a native autofill feature. It works much more reliably, and solved a long standing issue that 1Browser has of not being able to fill into login forms that are contained within iframe elements (an unfortunately popular choice by web developers). I think if you give autofill a try you'll find it can be just as convenient if not more so than 1Browser, and works better.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.