1Password X (Beta) does not unlock in Brave browser

I think this is due to a recent update, but when I visit a site and try to autofill my details, I click the 1Password icon and get the usual prompt (Press Shift + Cmd + X to unlock 1Password) and enter my password, the extension thinks about it for a bit and nothing happens. Interestingly, it recognises when I put in the wrong password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.20.2
OS Version: OS X High Sierra 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password x brave

Comments

• That's definitely an odd one, @atso. Does the pop-up eventually close, or does it stay open? Are you using Desktop App Integration with 1Password for Mac? (Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar, choose Settings, and check there.)

• atso
    atso
    Community Member

The pop-up stays open. The integration was enabled, despite not having the desktop app installed (I did have it installed at one point in time but uninstalled it as it didn't suit my needs) and I think you've hit the nail on the head. Disabled the integration, restarted the browser and now everything seems to be functioning again! Not sure why this only happened now, as I uninstalled the desktop app a while ago, but I'm so glad everything working again.

Thanks so much, @ag_michaelc!

• I'm glad to hear that fixed things for you, @atso. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.