1Password X beta chrome extension is completely unusable

I've restarted Chrome multiple times and am still unable to login. When I enter my password the lock icon animates briefly as if verifying my password, and then doesn't log me in or display any errors. I have not changed my password recently. I've switched over to the non-beta version for now which seems to be working fine.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• phantom4
    phantom4
    Community Member
    edited June 2020

Same for me as well. Looks like the extension was updated to version 1.20.2 today and that's when my problems started. I've seen this problem on 2 machines (MacOS 10.15.4 and 10.14.6). Both systems are running Chrome 83.0.4103.97. I also switched back to the non-beta version which works fine.

• awilchak
    awilchak
    Community Member

Similarly broken on Firefox also.

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member
    edited June 2020

Same, after today's 1Password X beta installation, version 1.20.2: in the Chrome extension settings I've a problem with "missing connection with desktop app" warning.

Reproduced with last desktop app beta 7.6.BETA-3 (70600003), macOS 10.15.5 (19F101).

Chrome version 83.0.4103.97.

No any issue on the desktop app.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@purienne @phantom4 @awilchak @wizard86pz – Thanks for getting this on our radar! I wonder if this has to do with the 1Password for Mac beta, as that was recently updated too. Can you try the following steps for me?

• Hold down the option key and click the 1Password icon in the right side of your macOS menu bar and select Quit 1Password Completely.
    • Right click on the Chrome/Firefox icon in your dock and select Quit.
    • Open 1Password.
    • Open your browser.

Go ahead and visit 1Password X's settings by right clicking the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and selecting Settings. Do you see an error on that page? If so, please share a screenshot with me here if you wouldn't mind.

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member
    edited June 2020

Hi @kaitlyn, doing all the things listed, in that order, I've NO any warning of any error in the chrome extension settings.

After the last point, I've

• closed the settings of the extension
    • pressed on the extension icon to open it, using my fingerprint, but nothing happens, after the fingerprint request is closed
    • opening again the extension settings I've the this view, that means "impossible to establish a connection with the desktop app"

Additional info: the fingerprint mechanism works, because the desktop app is unlocked if I open it from the macOS menu or in the dock, launching the app opening.

• jonashaspasswords
    jonashaspasswords
    Community Member

Same error (PasswordX: 1.20.2 Mac Desktop: 7.5) . However, It works when I disable "Integrate with 1Password Desktop Application"

• ag_michaelc
    edited June 2020

@jonashaspasswords: Integration only works with both apps being the beta versions—so you need to update to 7.6.BETA-3, from 7.5 (stable), to use Integration. That said, if this breaks 1Password X like the others above you, that's still not ideal.

For anyone who's running into these issues, I'd like to ask you to save a console log from your browser and send it our way:

Saving a Console Log

Attach the log to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the logs we should be able to better assist you (or know what issue to report to our development team, if necessary). Thanks very much!

• damien1
    damien1
    Community Member

Hi - I've got the same problem

I've been a long time user of 1Password Mac client but using 1Passwordx Beta in Chrome Extension

Please keep me updated

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

@ag_michaelc I've done all the necessary steps, and sent the extension console log. The assigned support ticket ID is: [#RPI-11446-788]

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

@damien1 if you mind it, you can send logs as I've done, following the instructions here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/562369/#Comment_562369

• damien1
    damien1
    Community Member

Hi @wizard86pz already ahead of you thanks ... ticket id [#FCH-49743-922]

but i couldnt see anything in the console when i was trying to unlock / click on the unlock icon

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

I see a lot of problem in the console log about extension and desktop app communication.

• damien1
    damien1
    Community Member
    edited June 2020

... and randomly ... it's working again

(but on checking there was a plugin update today)

thanks guys :)

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

@kaitlyn @ag_michaelc - after last update to 1.20.3, nothing changed to me, and I still see the same error as here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/562354/#Comment_562354

• @wizard86pz, it looks like my colleague Nhat has replied to your email. Let's continue the conversation there moving forward. 🙂

ref: RPI-11446-788

• @damien1, I'm glad to hear things are working for you in the latest beta. We did identify an issue with unlocking and pushed out a hot fix this morning. :smile:

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

And after last update of extension to 1.20.4, now all is ok.

CC @ag_michaelc

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @wizard86pz! I am happy to hear this :)

This discussion has been closed.