To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Question about storage options for 1P personal

Options
michaeljin
michaeljin
Community Member

Hi 1Password team!
I'm a 1Pass personal user. I just have a few questions regarding the storage options 😀.
I’m currently planning to store quite a bit of files in 1password, and I feel like I'm going to be using up my 1 gb quota quite quickly. So, I was wondering:

• are there any ways to check how much of the 1 gb is used up?
  • what will happen if i exceed my 1 gb quota; I know I'll probably be notified via email, but will I be charged? will the files that exceed the 1 GB be deleted?
  • what kind of files count against my quota? do documents count? what about logins and secure notes?
  • lastly (and this is more of a favour; it’s absolutely okay if this is out of your abilities 😀), I was wondering if it’s possible for you to expand my 1 gb quota, without upgrading to a business account? (this is 'cause I really can’t afford a business account, but I could really use a little bit more than 1 gb 😝 )

thank you so much for your time, 1P team! 😊
Michael

1Password Version: 7.4.767 / 7.5.2
Extension Version: 1.19.1 (1P X)
OS Version: Windows 10 1909 / iOS 13.4.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @michaeljin! Welcome to the forum!

are there any ways to check how much of the 1 gb is used up?

At the moment this is not visible in the 1Password apps. We can however check it on our end, so in case you wanted to know, you are always welcome to reach out to us via email and ask for an update :)

what will happen if i exceed my 1 gb quota; I know I'll probably be notified via email, but will I be charged? will the files that exceed the 1 GB be deleted?

You will not be charged if you exceed the quota, but I think upload would simply fail when you go over the limit.

what kind of files count against my quota? do documents count? what about logins and secure notes?

Documents count towards this: in general, every file you add to 1Password counts.

lastly (and this is more of a favour; it’s absolutely okay if this is out of your abilities 😀), I was wondering if it’s possible for you to expand my 1 gb quota, without upgrading to a business account? (this is 'cause I really can’t afford a business account, but I could really use a little bit more than 1 gb 😝 )

I honestly don't know if this is even technically possible: 1Password is not a file manager solution so it's possible that this possibility does not exist. However, I encourage you to reach out to our sales team via email at sales@1password.com and ask them: they will be in a much better position to help you with this :)

• michaeljin
    michaeljin
    Community Member
    Options

thank you so much for your response :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @michaeljin! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.