EFTPS site autofill not working

dbabq
dbabq
Community Member
edited July 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

The EFTPS site does not autofill correctly anymore when logging in. The EIN 2 field is filling into the SSN 3 field. Not sure what's causing the problem.

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @dbabq! Thanks for reaching out. We are aware of this site being an issue (it's on our developers' radars), but in the meantime a workaround I found that worked for me is to save a Login manually as detailed here:

https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/

Then, edit the item inside 1Password 7, click View Saved Form Details, and change the EIN2 field to be blank instead of the default user type:

(At least, I'm 99% sure that was my workaround — it looks like the site is down at the moment, so I can't test filling at the moment.)

Let me know how this goes for you!

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#369

• dbabq
    dbabq
    Community Member

Your fix worked! Thanks for your help!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of ag_michaelc, you are welcome @dbabq!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• kv3
    kv3
    Community Member

Picking up this thread a bit more, (tax time, sorry), I dont use the EIN, I use the SSN.
    @ag_michaelc suggestion to edit the Saved form details did not work. I found I had to
    keep SSN1, SSN2, delete SSN3, to get the SSN fields to fill out correctly, but none of it helped fill out the PIN field.

• Hey @kv3 are you using 1Password X or the companion app extension? I just saved a login from scratch following this guide, and the SSN fields, PIN field, and password field all filled for me without any manual editing necessary.

• kv3
    kv3
    Community Member
    edited January 2020

@ag_michaelc I created the item using Safari and its extension, but my default browser/app is Firefox w/1password X, that I used to test.

Based on your response I went back to check and it looks like it fills out correctly with Safari and extension.

• @kv3 I've tried all the magic tricks I have, and unfortunately there's just not a way to fill the PIN field with 1Password X at the moment. It's using some different saving/filling logic than the Safari App Extension, and it just doesn't like that PIN field — no amount of adjusting details manually is changing that. I've let our developers know about this, but in the meantime I'll have to suggest you use Safari (or you can use drag and drop from 1Password X).

• kv3
    kv3
    Community Member

@ag_michaelc thanks for confirming and the followup.

• You're welcome. :smile:

• pbaud
    pbaud
    Community Member

I am having the same problem using Chrome and Windows 10. I tried both the 1password and 1passwordX extensions and followed the instructions above. Nothing I do we'll make it correctly fill the PIN field.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@pbaud:

What version the 1Password app and the 1Password browser extension are you currently using?

• pbaud
    pbaud
    Community Member

1Password extension 4.7.5.90
    1Password X – Password Manager 1.19.1

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@pbaud:

Thank you for the confirmation. I have tested this website too, and I was able to get 1Password to fill every field using the companion browser extension version 4.5.7.90. But as ag_michaelc also wrote above, I also have not managed to automatically fill the PIN using 1Password X.

• pbaud
    pbaud
    Community Member

Did you test it with Chrome on Windows 10? I still can't make it work.

• @pbaud which extension are you actively using? You mentioned you have both 1Password X and the companion app extension installed (which works in conjunction with the desktop app), but you should only have and use one of them. 1Password X is the one that has the dropdown menu and icon right in fields on the page — it's the one I'd recommend keeping, if you don't have a preference. Once we know which you're actively using, we'll do our best to tackle this tricky site!

• pbaud
    pbaud
    Community Member

I've tried both. I disable one and enable the other then try to create a new login for the site (after deleting any existing login for the site). Both fail but for different reasons:

• 1password X fails because it does not fill in the PIN correctly. It only enters three of the four characters.
    • The companion app extension fails because it does not fill in the middle two digits of my SSN.
  • Hey @pbaud. I've created an export of a working (dummy) login for this which fills all fields properly with 1Password X (I can't test the companion app extension with 1Password for Windows at the moment, as my Windows machine is on the fritz). With any luck, though, it'll work there, too, since both apps use the same filling Brain.

EFTPS Export

Here's how to import it in the Windows app:

• Download the 1PIF file to your Desktop.
    • Select the menu option 1Password > Import, select the 1Password Interchange Format (1PIF) option and follow the prompts.
    • Locate the imported Login item, it will be titled [Insert Login item name] and will have a tag with the import date. Enter edit mode.
    • Click the Web form details button to reveal the fields.
    • Replace the placeholder values of each field with your real details and save.

Please let me know this goes for you. :smile:

• pbaud
    pbaud
    Community Member

Yes, that worked. Thank you.

But as someone thinking of replacing Lastpass with 1Password, this is an inauspcious beginning. Why was this so hard? How many other sites will have similar problems?

• Wonderful! You're very welcome.

I'll say that in the year and a half I've been focused on extensions and filling/saving here at 1Password, this is the first time I've had to share a 1PIF file with a customer. There will always be the occasional site that has its quirks, but this one was just a particularly problematic challenge to solve.

This discussion has been closed.