1Password categories in a different language.

Options
Boschje
Boschje
Community Member
edited September 2019 in Mac

Hello,

Today I stated using 1Password 7 (with a family account), I used 1Password 6 before.

When I open the app, everything is in my main language (Dutch) which is also the language I have setup macOs with. However, the categories are now in English and these were definitely in Dutch before (in 1Password 6). Can this be changed so these are Dutch again?

Note: As I am writing this it has also come to my attention that the same is true for 1Password on my iPhone, everything is Dutch except for the category names. On my iPad the categories are still in Dutch! All using the same family account and login.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOs Mojave 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Boschje - I'm sorry for the trouble! I'm also a little confused. We occasionally have issues such as these where specific small sections of a particular language missed their translation strings, and we can correct those. But if you've got two iOS devices using the same set of data (and the same version of 1Password 7 for iOS), and one of them is showing Dutch and the other English, that sounds less like an issue on our end and more of a configuration issue on your device(s). Clearly, the strings are actually present and correctly translated, if you can see them on one device. I'd recommend toggling the system language settings back to English (or to another language you understand enough to read the menus in the app), then perhaps restarting the device and re-setting the language back to Dutch. Let me know if that has any effect on things.

• Boschje
    Boschje
    Community Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

I still had a local iCloud vault on my iPad so all items where duplicated since I copied them to the family vault. As soon as I deleted the local vault (only using the family vault), also all categories here are in English. That behaves identically on Mac, iOS and iPadOS. Apparently, when using the family vault it defaults to English on all my devices.

I know i can’t choose Dutch at the online interface (in use English) of 1Password but I feel the apps should be able to since previously it was capable of doing that again.

Already tried changing the language, no change.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Boschje - after a little digging around behind the scenes here, I've learned that we don't currently have any Dutch translation for the 1password.com server assets. They're not entirely the same as the standalone assets, and the Dutch localization for standalone was done some time ago. We're tracking interest in Dutch localization, and I've added this thread to the internal issue tracking it. Thanks for letting us know, and sorry for not finding this out during my first reply.

• DrDirtyDevil
    DrDirtyDevil
    Community Member
    Options

I would be interested in a dutch translation, some of my family members dont understand english all too well.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DrDirtyDevil - apologies for the difficulty. A Dutch translation is something you're not the first to request. I'll add your voice to the list.

• freakstar
    freakstar
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars Please add me to that list too!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @freakstar!

We will add your voice to the list. :)

• WGBeekhuis
    WGBeekhuis
    Community Member
    Options

In the Crowd-in I regularly contribute to MacOS; IOS and Android translations.
    Why doesn't the Windows platform exists ik Crowd-in.
    There would be a lot of dutch 1Password enthousiasts who will help with the translations.
    Otherwise there are also translations available from other platforms that can make an efficient translation project possible.

• Ben
    Options

In the Crowd-in I regularly contribute to MacOS; IOS and Android translations.

Thanks for your contributions. :)

Why doesn't the Windows platform exists ik Crowd-in.

I'm not entirely sure to be honest. I'll check with the team and see if that is something we can / should add.

There would be a lot of dutch 1Password enthousiasts who will help with the translations.

While we greatly appreciate the efforts of our volunteer translators on Crowdin we've found that the time commitment required to get a language to a state where it can be included and then also maintain it is very high, and most languages never come close to reaching that level. That said, I'll be happy to pass the feedback along to the folks on our team who coordinate the translation efforts and let them know of the continued desire for a Dutch translation.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.