Browser button in iOS

yulmathieu
yulmathieu
Community Member

In 1Password in iOS, if I open a site that asks security questions, I then have to get out of the browser to look up the answer, often in a secure note. However, I can’t go back to the built in browser, I have to go back to a login, click on the URL to reopen the web site, and start over.
It would be nice if next to Favorites, Categories, Tags and Settings, there would be “Browser”.

1Password Version: 7.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.5.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @yulmathieu!

If you press long enough on the bar where Favorites, Categories, Tags and Settings are, 1Browser will be launched ;)

• yulmathieu
    yulmathieu
    Community Member

That will do but that’s not easy to find. Why notbutton? There’s plenty of room.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@yulmathieu:

The button was removed several months ago to make space for features that we think are more useful (such as Categories or Settings). We also recommend using the browser on your device with the AutoFill extension instead of using the built-in browser, as the experience is better there ;)

• yulmathieu
    yulmathieu
    Community Member

I use favorite, and search from there. The only time I click on categories is to create a new entry, because that + sign is not in favorites. I don’t use tags ever, search is easier for me. I used the browser a lot though. Now it’s gone.

Auto fill doesn’t work for secondary questions, and I feel more secure in 1Password than in Safari when accessing my bank accounts. Not sure if that’s true.

• I use favorite, and search from there. The only time I click on categories is to create a new entry, because that + sign is not in favorites. I don’t use tags ever, search is easier for me. I used the browser a lot though. Now it’s gone.

It isn't gone, it is just less visible in favor of newer and better options.

Auto fill doesn’t work for secondary questions, and I feel more secure in 1Password than in Safari when accessing my bank accounts. Not sure if that’s true.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'secondary questions'? Could you please elaborate? Also, 1Browser is not any more or less secure than Safari. They're the same thing under the hood.

Ben

• yulmathieu
    yulmathieu
    Community Member

The browser is invisible. I guess that counts as invisible. Not even in a hamburger menu.

Even my old iPhone SE has enough space for a fifth button, and my iPad has more than enough space. What frustrates me is that two of the four buttons deemed better are useless to me.

By secondary questions, I mean security questions, like what your first bestfriend name.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@yulmathieu:

By secondary questions, I mean security questions, like what your first bestfriend name.

Thank you for the clarification. Out of curiosity, how often do you find yourself having to enter security questions and answers?

• yulmathieu
    yulmathieu
    Community Member

Weekly

• Thanks for sharing, @yulmathieu. If 1Browser was able to fill those, then I would expect our "share sheet" extension to be able to do so in Safari as well:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone and iPad

You may want to give that a try. 1Browser hasn't received any attention in quite some time, and there is consideration that it may be removed entirely so that we aren't required to have a 17+ age rating in the App Store.

Ben

• yulmathieu
    yulmathieu
    Community Member

I have been using an iPad a lot more lately and I find the workflow with 1browser a lot easier, since I don’t have to fingerprint multiple times when authenticating, as user and password are often on separate pages nowadays.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for sharing how you use 1Browser with us @yulmathieu. As Ben wrote, it has not received a lot of attention in favor of the AutoFill feature, but it's good to know how our users are using it :+1:

This discussion has been closed.