All available logins not showing when using iPhone/iPad to sign in from 1Password

caduceus26
caduceus26
Community Member

When choosing 1Password at a signin screen on my iPhone or iPad, I am only presented with a few logins, and frequently not the one I need to log into the site. When I search for the login, 1Password doesn't find it even though I know it is in the vault I'm using. This has been a problem for me from day 1 with 1Password 7. Is there a solution? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @caduceus26

Do each of your Login items have a website field specified that matches the URL of the website that you want to fill them on? For example, your Login item for this forum should have a field that looks something like https://discussions.agilebits.com/.

Ben

• caduceus26
    caduceus26
    Community Member

I understand the question. However, it does not explain my result or why the "search everything" function for say, "discussions", does not find any/all entries in the vault with that string in the login.

Here's an example of what I am seeing. I hope it clarifies my issue:

I started in 1Password with an existing entry: Say, United Widgets with a website URL of united.xxxyyy.com, hit the website link on my iPhone/iPad which takes me to the sign in screen for the site. When I hit the sign in button on my iPhone/iPad it gives me the Username and Password fields with the key icon on the bottom of the screen. When I hit that key icon I get the 1Password "Choose an Item to Fill" screen with the search option, Log in Using..., and the choice of New Login (Create a login for "united.xxxyyy.com", or Fill CC, or Fill ID. [All | Cards | Identifies].

Since I started with a valid URL link from the login entry in my vault I don't understand how I ended up with that result. Thanks.

• caduceus26
    caduceus26
    Community Member

I understand the question. However, it does not explain my result or why the "search everything" function for say, "discussions", does not find any/all entries in the vault with that string in the login.

I started in 1Password with an existing entry: Say, United Widgets with a website URL of united.xxxyyy.com, hit the website link on my iPhone/iPad which takes me to the sign in screen for the site. When I hit the sign in button on my iPhone/iPad it gives me the Username and Password fields with the key icon on the bottom of the screen. When I hit that key icon I get the 1Password "Choose an Item to Fill" screen with the search option, Log in Using..., and the choice of New Login (Create a login for "united.xxxyyy.com", or Fill CC, or Fill ID. [All | Cards | Identifies].

Since I started with a valid URL link from the login entry in my vault I don't understand how I ended up with that result. Thanks.

• caduceus26
    caduceus26
    Community Member

• caduceus26
    caduceus26
    Community Member

• @caduceus26

It sounds like you may be using 1Browser, the browser within 1Password, to navigate. Is that correct? That is no longer a route that we generally recommend... Since iOS introduced autofill capabilities for 3rd party password managers such as ourselves that provides a much more seamless experience. I'd recommend giving that a try:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

It is possible that the site is redirecting you. For example, if you go to http://neurospark.org/ it'll redirect you to https://1password.com/, but if your Login item has neurospark.org on it instead of 1password.com then it isn't going to fill on 1password.com.

Please let me know.

Ben

• caduceus26
    caduceus26
    Community Member

You're correct. I am using 1Browser. Also, sorry about all the dup replies. For some reason, my reply wasn't showing up causing me to think that it had not posted.

• Thanks @caduceus26. I would suggest trying autofill instead. At this point we don't even mention 1Browser in our documentation. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.