1Password doesn't convert password to login on some websites

koraykupe
koraykupe
Community Member

Hello,

On https://www.stradivarius.com/nl/en/'s login popup it offers to save a login if I login with a new credentials that not saved before.

But, there was no any login for this website. I forgot and recovered my password. Opened 1Password mini, generated password. The password is saved to 1Password. I clicked submit, and my password is updated. Then, I opened the login form, auto-filled my password with command + \
and filled in my email. Then clicked 'Sign In', but 1Password didn't ask me to save the login. I'd expect that it will ask me to save it, and if I save, it will save a new login and delete the old generated password.

So, is it a bug?

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @koraykupe

We're aware of a situation where if the vault that you're in is not your vault for saving, it will fail to find the password item for deletion purposes. We have a fix for this in the works. Could that explain what you're seeing?

Thanks.

Ben

ref: dev/apple/issues#4497

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member

I have 2 vaults, but I believe that tried this case with the main (vault for saving) vault. So I didn’t switch to any other vault. What do you want to know more? I can try to reproduce it if it helps.

• @koraykupe

Can you please check

• 1Password > Preferences > Vaults > Vault for Saving
    • The vault the Login item you saved is in
    • The vault the password item you expected to be cleaned up is in

Do all three of those match?

Ben

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member

@Ben Yes, they all match.

• Thanks for checking @koraykupe. Which browser and version of that browser are you seeing this with? And are you able to repeat the process with the same results?

Ben

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member
    edited April 2020

@Ben Chrome Version 81.0.4044.129 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Yes, I could reproduce it and captured a video. I sent it to support+forum@agilebits.com

Support id: [#KEJ-39557-575]

• I was able to find it. Looks like it is:
    [#KEJ-39557-575]

We'll investigate further. Thanks!

Ben

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member

Just updated. Thanks!

• :+1: :)

Ben

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member

Any update about it @Ben? I haven't heard anything from you yet.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@koraykupe:

I have read your email conversation, and I see that in your last message you wrote that you were not able to reproduce this issue anymore. Is that not the case anymore?

ref: KEJ-39557-575

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member

I also checked my email, and I haven't said that I can't reproduce it anymore. I only sent a video record on the email. Then received a confirmation with a ticket number and that's it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@koraykupe:

I see you have had a short discussion with my colleague Zak after you received your ticket number. I can see an email in our system where you wrote that you could not reproduce the issue anymore, dated May 4th, in reply to my colleague Zak. On the same day you also received a followup response, again from my colleague Zak. Perhaps you are looking at a different email address than the one you used to contact us via email?

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member

@ag_ana It was another ticket ([#SFP-23195-148] Landscape mode keyboard issue)
    This is KEJ-39557-575

• Thanks @koraykupe.

Ben

• After a little confusion on our end (sorry about that), we're now tracking that ticket as #BYA-86128-931. We'll be in touch via email soon.

Ben

ref: BYA-86128-931

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member

Ok, thanks. :)

• No problem. :)

Ben

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member

I am in contact to your support saiyan now, but seems like it won't help or fix anything.

In the meantime I'd want to ask that:

Why 1Password doesn’t offer to save the new login after I fill in the password field using saved ‘password’ item? In this case I fill in the saved password, but also manually type in my username, but after clicking login button, 1Password never asks me to save it (or update or convert to login)

Then I have to open the mini, click edit, click close, click Convert to Login, fill in the username manually again and save. I’d expect less manual work here.

• @koraykupe

If you're filling from a password item you may need to manually save the login:

How to save a Login manually in your browser

Ben

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member

Okay, isn't it possible to such a feature to offer convert to login then?

• I'm not sure I follow. We already have such a feature, which it sounds like you've been using:

Then I have to open the mini, click edit, click close, click Convert to Login, fill in the username manually again and save. I’d expect less manual work here.

Ben

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member
    edited June 2020

@ben I can always 'manually' do the things, but to be honest I hate it if it is technically possible to have it smarter. I mean that in case of I only have password item on 1Password for a website, it doesn't offer a popup to save (or convert it) the login if I fill in my password using the auto fill shortcut, manually fill in my username and login as it does when you login a website with a new credentials. I hope I could explain it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@koraykupe:

Understood, thank you for the clarification :+1: We will see if there is anything we can do to improve the process in the future.

In the meantime, can you please double check something?

Why 1Password doesn’t offer to save the new login after I fill in the password field using saved ‘password’ item? In this case I fill in the saved password, but also manually type in my username, but after clicking login button, 1Password never asks me to save it (or update or convert to login)

If you open 1Password Preferences > Browsers tab, is the option Detect new usernames and passwords and offer to save them enabled?

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member

@ag_ana Yes, sure it is enabled. It already offers new logins for regular websites.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Got it, thank you for the confirmation. I wanted to make sure we were not overlooking some settings in the preferences :+1:

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member

Btw, 1Password X handles this case very well. I hope the mini will do the same in near future.

• Understood. Thanks. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.