1Password not able to autofill credentials when asked to do so sequentially

I have been having an "issue" where 1Password is not able to fill in the password and one-time password token automatically. This occurs for the Backblaze.com website. Nothing appears to be pasted for the password.
Admittedly this is a first world issue, and I can copy and paste from the browser plugin. Just thought I would pass this along.

I have also have a similar problem where the token is pasted as the password.

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: 7.5
OS Version: 10.15.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hey @gct3o :smile:

Are you using 1Password X, or the companion app extension? I just tested my Backblaze login with 1Password X (1.20.4.beta), and after choosing to fill the username from the inline menu, both my password and one-time password filled automatically on the subsequent pages.

• gct3o
    gct3o
    Community Member

I believe I am using the companion extension not 1Password X. Have never even heard of X until now.

A bit confused about why X exists to be honest (I am sure there is a perfectly rational explanation 😀). Always assumed there is one 1Password “app+extension” for an OS. I have never been given information telling me why another option might work better for me. Will have to research a bit more.

Hopefully the fact that the beta of X can deal with this issue indicates that all upcoming variants of 1Password will also get the same features.

Thanks for the info-will keep my eyes open.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@gct3o:

A bit confused about why X exists to be honest (I am sure there is a perfectly rational explanation 😀). Always assumed there is one 1Password “app+extension” for an OS. I have never been given information telling me why another option might work better for me. Will have to research a bit more.

1Password X is our latest version of the browser extension, designed to run entirely in the browser without the need to install the 1Password desktop app. You can read more about it here:

1Password X

The companion browser extension is our older browser extension, the one that required the 1Password app to be installed. Because 1Password X is an exclusive for 1Password subscribers, you would use the older companion browser extension if you don't have a 1Password account, for example.

But ultimately, it is up to you which one you choose: if you have a 1Password Membership, I recommend giving 1Password X a try :)

• gct3o
    gct3o
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_ana I will definitely try it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @gct3o! Let us know if you have any questions or feedback about 1Password X :+1:

This discussion has been closed.