Option to append OTP to login password during autofill?

Several sites I use require the one-time password to be appended to the existing password when logging in. This currently breaks auto-fill and requires several additional manual steps every time I log in.

Could we get a site-specific configuration option to auto-append OTP to the password field when logging in?

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi, @carbon8! I'd be happy to submit this as a feature request on your behalf. Which 1Password extension are you using? You mention there being several steps you need to take, and I want to see if there's anything I can offer in the meantime to simplify your workflow a bit.

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#134

• carbon8
    carbon8
    Community Member

Sorry for the slow reply. I am using the 1PW extension in Chrome. The steps are usually click 1PW icon, select AutoFill, click login button, get a failed password error. Oops try again, select AutoFill, click the password input field, paste OTP from clipboard next to the password, and then click login button. Workflow is not terrible I guess, if only I could remember to append in the first place!

• Hey @carbon8 — okay, that does sound like the current workflow I'd suggest: I wanted to make sure you were aware of and making use of the automatically copied one-time password. :smile: Since you're clicking the 1Password icon and therefore seeing 1Password mini and your item in it, something you could consider doing is adding something to the title to indicate and remind you that you'll need to paste the one-time password before submitting your login.

• carbon8
    carbon8
    Community Member

Thanks, changing the title is a good workaround/reminder. But that feature would sure be handy! It's hard enough convincing others to take their online security seriously so the less friction the better.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.