Duplicate passwords

Options
Hochy
Hochy
Community Member
edited June 2020 in Mac

I updated a lot of passwords in one vault (call it “B”) and the passwords were duplicated into the Primary vault (call it “A”). Did I do something wrong? I don’t need the passwords in both vaults.

The other thing to note is that in Vault "B" they were saved as logins (which is correct) and when they were synced into Vault "A" they appeared as passwords.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Hochy! Welcome to the forum!

Is the Primary vault currently set as vault for saving under 1Password Preferences > Vaults tab? I think this would explain the behavior.

• Hochy
    Hochy
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, Vault A is set as the primary. Is this a glitch or is it supposed to put copies in the primary vault. I want to avoid the duplication as to not have to keep two separate logins up to date. Vault A is my personal vault and B is set as work related logins.

Is there a better way to set this up?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2020
    Options

@Hochy:

Thank you for the confirmation. This is something that we have been discussing, and at the moment it works as expected: if you have your Primary vault configured as "Vault for Saving", everything you create (including new passwords) by default will be saved there, as per the preferences.

We discussed however whether we should save things in a different vault (in your case, in vault B when you are working in it), but this would mean that we would have to ignore your request to use vault A for saving. And this also comes with the risk that someone might accidentally store items in the wrong vault if they forgot that they are looking at a different one from their default one, for example.

So in summary, I understand the confusion here, but at the moment it's the expected behavior. We will continue discussing this however, and see if we can come up with a solution even to these scenarios.

This discussion has been closed.