To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Suspended accounts and Recovery Kit

robvisser
robvisser
Community Member

I'm pretty sure i know the answer to the question, but I want to tie these two things together.
When an account is Suspended, is there any way that a user can regain access to any vaults using their Recovery Kit?

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.15.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:suspend and recover

Comments

• Hi @robvisser

Generally not. I suppose if someone had access to an offline cache of their data from a time prior to when they were suspended there is the possibility they would still be able to decrypt that data. But that would not reflect any changes that were made after they were suspended. So the risk is essentially the same as the risk that they've been writing down the passwords that they've had access to all along.

I think this is a good opportunity to point out that the only way to revoke secrets is to change them. Is someone had access to a secret (e.g. a password) and you want them to no longer be able to use that secret, short of a lobotomy for that person :scream:, you need to change the secret.

Ben

• robvisser
    robvisser
    Community Member

Sounds good, thanks Ben!

• On behalf of Ben, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.