1Password 7 - Does MacOS to MacOS WLAN Sync work?

Options
HOOT
HOOT
Community Member

I'm currently on 1Password 6 but was looking to possibly upgrade to 1Password 7 if MacOS (iMac) to MacOS (Macbook) WLAN sync has been implemented? On 1Password 6 I have to use my iOS device as a "bridge" to my secondary MacOS device for this to happen and it's a little inconvenient. I don't want my data to leave the local network so a 1Password.com account or syncing through iCloud/DropBox is not an option.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited June 2020
    Options

@HOOT

No, I am afraid Mac to Mac syncing has not been implemented. In actuality, 1Password 6 ceased development in 2018. It will not be receiving any new features. It may be time to look at using a newer, more modern version of 1Password.

1Password 7, does not support Mac to Mac syncing on WLAN.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/104999/1password-6-legacy-support-information#latest

• HOOT
    HOOT
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy Thank you for your quick reply. That's unfortunate to hear, I remember suggesting this back in 2016 when I first started using your software. I'm aware 1Password 6 is not being supported anymore but there's nothing in 1Password 7 that makes the upgrade worth it to me. I'll hold out for 1Password 8 hoping Mac to Mac syncing will be available then.

• @HOOT

That's understandable. I welcome you to try out 1Password 8, when that time come.

This discussion has been closed.