Joining Beta? iOS 14 seed user... (and bug report)

instanttim
instanttim
Community Member
edited June 2020 in iOS

The TestFlight beta seems to be full, but as an iOS 14 beta/seed user I'd love to get 1Password beta access. Is there a path to that?

My first bug report would be that on iPadOS my master password wasn't decrypting my vault. After force quit, and restart of the iPad it still wasn't working. Deleting the app, reinstalling, and re-signing into my 1Password for Family account DID fix it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 14
Sync Type: 1Password for Family

Comments

• Hi @instanttim

Thanks for taking the time to write in and let us know the beta is currently maxed out. The team is going to take a look to see if we can free up some seats. In the meantime...

My first bug report would be that on iPadOS my master password wasn't decrypting my vault. After force quit, and restart of the iPad it still wasn't working. Deleting the app, reinstalling, and re-signing into my 1Password for Family account DID fix it.

My suspicion here would be that there was a Primary vault on the iPad, which would mean the app could potentially require a password different from your account Master Password to unlock. Did you happen to generate a diagnostic report while the app was in this state? While that would be my suspicion, I don't know that there would be any way to say definitively without a report generated while the problem was occuring.

Ben

• instanttim
    instanttim
    Community Member

Oh sorry. No report. I used 1Password on this iPad before installing iOS 14, and it worked fine. If it had a stand-alone primary vault I don’t know how it got there. I’ve been a subscriber since day one and never use local vaults... since before I owned this iPad for sure.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@instanttim:

Thank you for the confirmation. I am afraid it would be difficult to troubleshoot this without a report showing exactly what happened this time, but should it happen again, please generate one and we will be happy to take another look :+1:

This discussion has been closed.