Search behavior on Catalina

Options
alantcy
alantcy
Community Member

I find that the app on Catalina does not perform an 'instring' search.
Example: 'laza' brings up fields with 'Plaza'

On an iOS or Windows device, this 'instring' behavior works.
Anyway to standardise this search behavior?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @alantcy

I agree completely that the lack of consistency across our apps is an area in which we could (and should) improve. We develop native apps for each platform, and each of these apps is (generally) designed and developed by a different team. They follow the same guiding principals, but each may have nuance in the finer details when implementing various features. This has some advantages, such as being able to take advantage of platform specific features and design elements, but it does tend to lead to inconsistencies in functionality. We've tried a few different things over the years to narrow the gap, with some success, but as you can see there are still areas where it could improve. For our future development cycles we have a different approach that we're going to try, and hopefully that will encourage more parity.

Ben

• alantcy
    alantcy
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your response Ben.

I believe Search is one of the most used functionality, hope to see this corrected across platforms in due time.

By the way, good job with implementing the Sorting feature to iOS. I've requested it in the past, finally get to see it as it was a way for me to verify that syncs were updated across my devices.

• @alantcy

On behalf of Ben you're welcome.

Thanks for sharing the kind words. They help to keep us going. :)

This discussion has been closed.