Troubles to show Windows Hello instead of entering manually the password

FoggyPunk
FoggyPunk
Community Member
edited June 2020 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi all, it is my understanding that it should be possible to use Windows Hello to unlock 1Password after entering manually the master password a first time from reboot. I've followed all the instructions listed here: https://support.1password.com/windows-hello/ but there is no way to make Windows Hello window to show to use my fingerprint. Hi perfectly use Windows Hello to login at startup. What can I do? Thank you

1Password Version: 7.4.7.6.7
Extension Version: 1.19.2
OS Version: Windows 10 19041.329
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Troubles to show Windows Hello instead of entering manually the password

Comments

• plttn
    plttn
    Community Member

Nope. Unlocking 1Password on a fresh launch of the program (which includes a reboot) requires your master password.

• Any chance it's your extension you're not seeing Hello for, @FoggyPunk? I see you're using 1Password X and since 1Password X runs exclusively in your browser, it doesn't support Windows Hello just yet. You're correct about your desktop app specifically, though. After unlocking with your Master Password, you should be able to unlock with Windows Hello moving forward unless and until you reboot or restart 1Password itself.

• FoggyPunk
    FoggyPunk
    Community Member

Yeah, actually I was talking about 1Password X. Windows Hello properly works with 1Password Desktop. Thank you

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@FoggyPunk:

Thank you for the confirmation. Indeed, 1Password X does not currently support Windows Hello since it runs entirely in the browser, without communicating with the 1Password for Windows desktop app. So this explains why it's working in the app but not in the extension :+1:

• FoggyPunk
    FoggyPunk
    Community Member

I hope that it will be possible to use Windows Hello also with 1Password X, maybe it will be easier through Edge Chromium.

• Thanks for the feedback on this @FoggyPunk! :smile::+1:

This discussion has been closed.