how do I reinstall 1 Password on a new drive and have my old data in it

My C: drive died and I am trying to load 1 Password on a new drive. I have some saved data on "ONE DRIVE" windows cloud, which I am hoping to be able to use in the reinstall but I don't know what files I need or how I will get 1 Password working. This is on a Windows 10 PC. I don't know what 1 Password version I was using

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how do I reinstall 1 Password on a new drive and have my old data in it

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Gobby!

Was this the only device were you were using 1Password before your drive died? If you had another computer or a mobile device with 1Password on, we could look at the configuration there and see how you configured your 1Password app on your Windows PC.

• Gobby
    Gobby
    Community Member

This is the only device that I used 1 Password 4. I have been using 1 Password for about 10 years and I liked the old program and never upgraded pass version 4. I had automatic backups to a separate drive D: but I am unable to get the restore program to work. I do have two folders with 1 Password data in my windows cloud. But I guess that the older version of 1 Password is not available for down load

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Gobby,

1Password 4 for Windows is still available for download on our website here.

Could you please take a closer look at your old drive and tell me if you see any .opvault or .agilekeychain files there?

Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• Gobby
    Gobby
    Community Member

The C: drive died, The bios doesn't even see it. I have installed a new drive and found this in my windows cloud.

• Are you able to search specifically for the folder names Greg mentioned, @Gobby? I don't want to say your data isn't there as I do see a few folders that aren't immediately familiar to me and might have some extra stuff saved, but I'm not seeing anything that looks like a 1Password vault at a glance.

Also, do you recall if you synced this data? Even if you didn't use 1Password with another device, we always tried to encourage syncing to something like Dropbox (or OneDrive) precisely because of risks such as dying hardware. If you don't have one of those folders in your cloud, you might try other cloud services you use, just in case. :+1:

• Gobby
    Gobby
    Community Member

I found a 2016 backup of agilekeychain that worked. But I have added and changed a lot of data since then. The backup from the cloud didn't have any thing useful. So I guess I will have to use the 2016 files for now.
    Thank You every one

• I'm sorry you weren't able to find anything, @Gobby! For the future, I would really recommend syncing your data so this doesn't happen again. The best way to do that is with a 1Password membership. That way, we'll keep an encrypted backup for you. This way, if anything happens to your computer, you just install the app on a new one, sign in to your account, and everything will sync right up. You can learn more about them here:

https://support.1password.com/explore/membership/

And we've got a guide to upgrading here:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

If that's not a good fit for you, then please at least consider one of the other sync options:

https://support.1password.com/sync-options/

Your data is really important and syncing is the single best thing you can do to ensure you never lose it. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.