Unable to use autofill to sign in to the PayPal App on Android 10

jcaddick62
jcaddick62
Community Member

Sorry - this is more feedback than a question, but:
When signing in to PayPal, the autofill prompt is shown, allowing me to select my PayPal login information. However, when the login information is selected, the app sign in screen seems to refresh and my login information never seems to make it into the login fields.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:paypal

Comments

• Hi @jcaddick62. Unfortunately the PayPal app on Android doesn't seem to support Autofill or Accessibility filling, and, as you mentioned, seems to remove credentials after they've been filled. While we have an open issue regarding this behavior, I would recommend reaching out to PayPal support, as this may need to be resolved on their end.

ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#172

• ashwinsewbaran
    ashwinsewbaran
    Community Member

It's indeed not possible due to the way the PayPal app works, however your workaround could be using the 1Password keyboard.
    The manual filling feature of the 1Password keyboard seems to work even using a 2-Factor authentication.

It's not ideal, since you have to switch between your regular keyboard and the 1Password keyboard, but atleast you don't have to bother switching apps.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the suggestion @ashwinsewbaran! We will however keep the situation monitored to see if there are any updates ;)

• victoria10
    victoria10
    Community Member

I think it is browser problem. Change your browser using content://com.android.browser.home/ syntax. I think after that your problem will be solved.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the tip as well @victoria10! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.