Filling saved login details on page with login/registration fields

G'day all,

I find there are a few websites where the login/registration fields are on the same page. When I go to log in with the saved 1P details the password input in the correct place but everything else are input into the registration fields.

I know I can create a new login which will then do it correctly from that point on. I would rather keep the current login with creation date for referencing back to when it was created.

I have tried deleting the web form details to now avail. In there any other way around this so details are input into the correct places?

Regards,
Samuel

1Password Version: 7.4.767
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: Win10 1909 18363.900
Sync Type: Families

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @firemansam87!

I first wanted to ask you if you could share some examples of websites where this is happening, but then I realized that it might be difficult to test them anyway: if saving a new login fills data correctly on the page, it would be difficult to first create a login that does not work in order to test the website.

I have tried deleting the web form details to now avail. In there any other way around this so details are input into the correct places?

Actually, deleting the web form details has a chance to make things worse: 1Password uses the information in that section to properly fill information on a page. What I can suggest is to create a new login, and then compare the web form details information of the two items: if you don't want to create a new item, perhaps modifying the existing one based on the new one (which works) will help.

• firemansam87
    firemansam87
    Community Member

This is the website https://www.repco.com.au/en/login

I found there was another web form username where I had to manually enter the email address for it to input correctly into the username field on the login side of the page.
    It still enters the email address into the registration side as it keeps on replacing that web field after deleting it.

Would be nice to be able to have an advanced feature to be able to edit and delete web form details.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@firemansam87:

Would be nice to be able to have an advanced feature to be able to edit and delete web form details.

I see now from your first post that you are using the 1Password for Windows app, so this suggestion might not be very useful: however I wanted to mention that you can indeed edit the web form details in 1Password for Mac. In 1Password for Windows, at the moment the best way would be to create a new item, so 1Password can fill properly (it's possible that things changed on the website since the last time you originally created this Login item), even though this means updating the creation date.

This discussion has been closed.