To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Struggling to figure out if I need a Personal or Family account

pzieke
pzieke
Community Member

I’m a longtime user of the old Mac and iOS apps. My wife hates tech but sees value in 1Password so I’ve loaded her Mac and iPhone with my account stuff. I’d like to upgrade to a monthly plan to better integrate my passwords (they don’t seem to sync as well these days). Can I use a Personal plan for the two of us if she doesn’t need her own vault?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Struggling to figure out if I need Personal or Family account

Comments

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member

Different strokes.

My wife's sister and brother-in-law share EVERYTHING, even a single email account! All their stuff is in one monster folder/inbox/network drive/file cabinet so not only can they never find anything amongst the thousands of emails and other documents (electronic and paper), but they're always sniping at each other for reading (or NOT reading) or deleting (or NOT deleting) or filing (or misfiling) each other's stuff. That, um, setup would NOT work for me and my wife.

We have separate everything: computers, phones, iPads, AppleIDs, email accounts, credit cards, toothbrushes, and so on. We also have separate 1Password accounts but each is within the 1Password Families structure. We're both designated as Family Organizers and could, if and when the need ever arises, access each other's "Main" vault (a manually created shareable, but not ordinarily shared vault to hold all of each one of our logins, documents, etc.). Neither of us currently maintain a Private vault (though each or both of us could, if so desired).

Different strokes.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pzieke! Welcome to the forum!

Can I use a Personal plan for the two of us if she doesn’t need her own vault?

If you are ok with each other seeing every Login item, and having both your and her logins in the same list, then this can work. Every time you will try to login to a website, 1Password will shows you both your and her logins, but if this is ok with you, it certainly can work.

This discussion has been closed.