Unintuitive confirmation of account password when re-logging

finwe
finwe
Community Member

I recently changed my 1Password account master password and had to re-login on my Android device. When I go to settings -> accounts and choose the account to login into, the master password field shows, but the "continue" button at the bottom is frozen and cannot be pressed even when I fill the password in. It took me a good few minutes to figure out that the only way to confirm the password is via "enter" on the system keyboard.

I do not know if this is a bug or just shady UX, but there is certainly a room for improvement.

Would like to attach a screenshot, but the app denies taking it.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: Android 10
Sync Type: n/a

Comments

• peri
    edited July 2020

Hi @finwe. Thanks for reaching out to report this issue. This is indeed a bug, and I have reported it to our development team. I'm glad you were able to use the Enter key instead.

For future reference, screenshots are disabled in 1Password by default. This way, 1Password is hidden when in the recents list and when you're screensharing or recording. You can allow screenshots from Settings > Advanced if you prefer.

ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#1216

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member

I understand the reason for screenshots being disabled and thanks for the hint that it can be allowed.

And I'm of course glad to hear you'll address the bug!

• Glad I could help! :)

This discussion has been closed.