Feature request: Digital CV/Resume + auto fill on recruitment websites

mdrayner
mdrayner
Community Member

I know its a bit outside the standard function but feels like a great opportunity right now as more and more people are having to look for work.

Signing up to all the recruitment sites requires entering the same personal information, work history and education over and over again.

Wouldn't it be great if I could securely store my CV in 1Password and then use the fill function to populate my profile on the recruitment site??

1Password Version: 7.6 Beta-4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mdrayner! Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for sharing this idea with us. For the information filling part, you might want to try using an Identity item. It might not fill absolutely everything, but it will most likely fill at least some information so you don't have to enter it manually.

As for the CV upload part, that would certainly be cool, but I am not sure how that would work in practice. Would 1Password have to check the contents of your CV, extract all the information and then use it to fill it in the correct website section? If so, I can see this being quite challenging to make it work properly on all the recruitment websites. It's challenging enough to make 1Password work on every website's login form alone :)

• mdrayner
    mdrayner
    Community Member

Thanks.
    Luckily, I don't need it right now but the company I work for is there to help a number of people who soon might.

I was actually thinking just to have a few new sections (maybe under identity) called education and employment.
    You could manually enter this information into 1Password (at least you only do it once), give each employment etc a name and then, as when you have multiple possible passwords for a site, you just pick the one you want to fill into the field.

Simple right ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mdrayner:

This is something that you can actually do already. 1Password supports custom sections and fields ;)

Customize your 1Password items

Even if it won't maybe fill all that information automatically, at least it would be simpler for you to copy and paste them on websites once they are inside 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.