Failed to load comprised sites for Watchtower

lumarel
lumarel
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hey,

I might be too early, because not even the Release Notes of 7.6.778 are out.

But I got an error in the log of one of my devices (only one not the other):

13344 46.306 ERROR opw_app::managers::item_manager:724 > failed to load compromised sites list, getting new one from web. opw-opvault\src\key.rs:155 bad signature
13344 46.569 ERROR opw_app::managers::item_manager:729 > opw-opvault\src\key.rs:155 bad signature
13344 49.926 ERROR opw_app::managers::item_manager:230 > fn on_update_watchtower() error: opw-opvault\src\key.rs:155 bad signature

I tried to restart 1Password some times but it looks like it has corrupted itself during the installation.

I hope this is one more time a rare condition :chuffed:

~lumarel

1Password Version: 7.6.778
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 2004
Sync Type: my.1password.com/Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lumarel!

Where exactly do you see these log lines? So we can take a look and see if we see them too :+1:

• Hi @lumarel,

That means the Watchtower's Compromised websites database file 1Password has is old and it needs to download a fresh one. There should be logs of it attempting to download a fresh one after that.

If not, try turning off Compromised websites feature in 1Password > Settings > Watchtower, and then go to Help Menu > Tools > Optimize database.

Turn Compromised websites back on, any improvements?

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member
    edited July 2020

Hey @ag_ana and @MikeT,

These log lines happened in the login process or if I clicked the "Update now" button in the Watchtower settings.
    The update button was also greyed out after the clicking, which looks like it tried but didn't finish the process.

It looks like it fixed itself until today, because now it is running through just fine.
    I suspect it did a database optimization itself as you suggested @MikeT :chuffed:

(I have to send you the diagnostic report anyway because of the performance issue, so you will see this as well from yesterday) :+1:

• Cool, thanks! We'll reply to your email once we analyze it.

This discussion has been closed.