To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Have a membership - confusing that 1 password for computer; different password for iPhone. Pls help!

patsmiley
patsmiley
Community Member

I saw another post related to this about primary and personal vaults. I have 1Password 7.5 on Mac Pro and 1 Password for iPhone IOS 13.5.1 but each has a different password to unlock. On my iPhone, primary vault is iCloud not personal. What to do? Concerned about syncing. Thank you so much!

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Have a membership - 1 password for computer; 1 for iPhone???? Please help!

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @patsmiley! Welcome to the forum!

If you have a 1Password membership, we recommend removing the Primary vault from your devices exactly to avoid this difference. Make sure you add your 1Password account to the 1Password app on your iPhone (like you did on the Mac), and then remove the Primary vault, so your Mac and your iPhone will unlock with the same Master Password (the one for your 1Password account).

• patsmiley
    patsmiley
    Community Member

Dear ag_ana,
    Thanks so much! That did the trick! I wanted to solve that issue for the longest time! 😀

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @patsmiley! I am glad I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• patsmiley
    patsmiley
    Community Member

Thank you so much! You do the same, ag_ana!!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.