To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Where is Secret Key

This discussion was created from comments split from: Secret Key.

Comments

• jnahabedian
    jnahabedian
    Community Member

Hello, I'm having a similar issue. I've been locked out of my iPhone and have to wait for apple to reset it. In the mean time I need to access my onepassword account from my laptop. I know my master password but it is asking for a secret key. As far as I know, I've never used or been asked for a secret key before to access my account (just my master password). Hoping you can help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jnahabedian! Welcome to the forum!

You can find your Secret Key inside your Emergency Kit, which you hopefully downloaded when you created your 1Password account.

There are also a few more places where you can retrieve your Secret Key. This documentation page shows you all the options you have:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jnahabedian:

I had not noticed that you had also emailed us the same question. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion, and I you are free to continue the conversation via email so we have everything in one place :+1:

Thank you for your patience!

ref: SXW-82223-132

This discussion has been closed.