I don't understand the (3?) different ways to login with 1P on iOS

raindog308
raindog308
Community Member

I'm using 1P 7 on Mac + iOS with Dropbox syncing. In the scenarios below, my safe was completely synced (opened the 1P app, clicked sync, etc.)

Sometimes when I login, I can hit Passwords and 1Password... and select my password. Works great and immediately autofills.

But sometimes 1P can't find them...or is that iOS? Even though they're in the vault.

Let me show you what I mean...here's a login on a web site (adbanker.com, which is a professional certification/training site):

I hit Passwords at the bottom, and this comes up.

I touchID and this comes up:

No adbanker.com in the list. Even if I search for it:

How if I hit the up-arrow/share button next to the URL and then select 1Password:

This comes up and I hit the thumb icon:

So I authenticate with TouchID. Then my adbanker.com login comes right up:

And autofills when I select it:

Now besides these two ways, sometimes Safari iOS prompts me like this:

So how can I skip the "share button" method (which is many more clicks) and just have 1P match?

BTW, if I go to this site on Mac, and hit control-\, it fills immediately, so apparently the stored URL matches just fine.

Nothing special about the sites I used in this example - just had them handy to take screen shots.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @raindog308!

If you see this login inside the 1Password app, but not in the Autofill extension, make sure that the Autofill extension has had time to refresh after you updated information in the main 1Password app. To do so, open 1Password on your iOS device and go to Settings > Password AutoFill, and wait until data has updated.

Does the login show in the list now?

• raindog308
    raindog308
    Community Member

Ah, thank you ag_ana. That seems to have fixed it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@raindog308:

Ahah this is my new favorite post on the forum :D I high fived you as requested!

I am glad I could help. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.