The latest beta version not support Google Chrome Canary

Options
SharkIng
SharkIng
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Google Chrome Canary: Version 85.0.4167.0 (Official Build) canary (64-bit)

I believe it was working when I have two Google Chrome, both regular Chrome and Chrome Canary installed. I removed the regular Chrome and updated Canary to the latest, 1Password stop working.

I tried to upgrade 1Password to the latest beta build, still doesn't work.

It's exact same as described here: https://support.1password.com/code-signature/
I don't know if it's because Chrome Canary is too new (probably just upgraded today) or it's because I removed the regular Chrome that may helped to verify in the beginning.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.6.BETA-2 (70600002)
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@SharkIng,

When you say you "removed the regular Chrome", did that include removing ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome ?

• SharkIng
    SharkIng
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, removed Google Chrome directory. There is a folder called "Chrome Canary" in the above "..../Google/" directory.

So that's the cause? which mean i need to reinstall the regular Chrome back to get it works?

• rudy
    Options

@SharkIng,

nope, just mkdir -p ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/NativeMessagingHosts

• SharkIng
    SharkIng
    Community Member
    Options

Great, thanks you rudy, it works with this fold created.

• Ben
    Options

Great! :) Thanks for the update. On behalf of Rudy, you're most welcome. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member
    edited July 2020
    Options

I ran into this same problem, but with macOS Big Sur. Creating the ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/NativeMessagingHosts folder doesn't fix it. When I click the 1Password Extension button in the Canary toolbar, I get 'Looking for the 1Password app', and in some cases it actually starts the 1P app, but then it says: "Couldn’t connect to 1Password
    Make sure you have the 1Password app installed. If you're still experiencing problems follow the simple steps on our support site or contact us."

1Password version: 7.6.BETA-4
    1Password Extension version: 4.7.5.90
    Sync type: iCloud

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mirv:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member
    Options

Just sent it. It went to support@agilebits.com .

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mirv:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look at it and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: FWX-53231-269

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It definitely works. I just used it to sign in here after setting it up myself according to the instructions on our support site:

https://support.1password.com/could-not-connect/#if-you-use-chrome-canary-or-microsoft-edge

That should do the trick. :)

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member
    Options

These instructions worked great. Thank you very much! It was the NativeMessagingHosts/*.agilebits.1password.json file that was missing.

ありがとうございました

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great to hear @mirv! Thank you for the update :)

This discussion has been closed.