Can 1Password for Teams prevent members from saving the password by the local browser?

ramon
ramon
Community Member

I hire freelancers to do specific tasks and want to share website passwords with them.
But do not want them to be able to see or save the password with their local browser?

Some of these websites do not have multi-user support and have to use a single login for everybody.

Can 1Password for Teams do this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can 1Password for Teams prevent members from saving the password by the local browser?

Comments

• Hi @ramon

It would be possible to prevent folks from revealing passwords within the 1Password client apps, but as far as I'm aware it is not technically feasible to prevent them from saving said passwords in their browser's password manager once filled into the browser. Doing so would require control of their browser, which is likely not an appropriate / agreeable situation for contractors. That said, I'd encourage you to reach out to our business team at business@1password.com to further discuss your use case. Even if ultimately what you're looking to do is not possible now, it would be good for our business team to better understand what it is that you're trying to accomplish.

Ben

• ramon
    ramon
    Community Member

Thanks you @Ben just wrote to the business team.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.