How can I subscribe to Family Plan from Apple App Store?

mr_nethead
mr_nethead
Community Member

Hi, I'm subscribed to personal plan through direct billing but I want to subscribe to family plan from Apple App Store. I can see the pricing details in the App Store but in the app I couldn't see any family subscription option. I'm from India BTW
PS: My personal subscription is about to expire in couple of days so i'm not bothered about transferring/upgrading my current subscription to family plan

Please help me

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @mr_nethead

Please reach out to our billing team at support@1password.com for assistance with this. They'd be in the best position to take a look at your account and determine the best path forward. So that you don't have to repeat yourself, you can include a link to this thread in your message (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/114473/how-can-i-subscribe-to-family-plan-from-apple-app-store#latest).

Thanks!

Ben

• mr_nethead
    mr_nethead
    Community Member

Thanks @Ben for the prompt response

• You're very welcome. :)

Ben

• mr_nethead
    mr_nethead
    Community Member

@Ben I have a few questions can you answer them?

1. I was just going through Pros and Cons of family accounts on the internet and created a demo family account to try it out before I fully jump. I think I found one big flaw in Family accounts. A Family organizer can suspend/delete any account in that family which let's the family member lose all their passwords. (let's just talk about losing access to all the passwords and leave the parental control things)
      Can we expect some modifications to this feature?
      Like family account consist of standalone personal accounts that were invited to join family account by the family organizer and the organizer doesn't have access to suspend/delete the account instead the organizer can kick any member to personal account (left frozen unless they activate the account). This is definitely better than losing all the login credentials, they just miss the family account features

2. Let's assume the above request is under development, in the mean time if one of the family member wants to switch to personal account then what is the process? Coz I couldn't see any option to switch to personal account for "family member".

3. And for family organizers there is an option to switch to an individual account. So what will happen to other family members accounts if the family organizer opted for that option?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mr_nethead:

Can we expect some modifications to this feature? Like family account consist of standalone personal accounts that were invited to join family account by the family organizer and the organizer doesn't have access to suspend/delete the account instead the organizer can kick any member to personal account (left frozen unless they activate the account). This is definitely better than losing all the login credentials, they just miss the family account features

I don't believe this is something that we are planning to do. Families accounts were built with the idea of being used in an environment where there in an expected level of trust between users. If you believe a family organizer might do these sort of things, you can avoid giving them organizer permissions in the first place. Alternatively, if you believe this is a risk for you, but you still want to give them ownership of the account, it would be better for the users to get their own separate individual accounts, so only they can manage them independently.

Let's assume the above request is under development, in the mean time if one of the family member wants to switch to personal account then what is the process? Coz I couldn't see any option to switch to personal account for "family member".

They can signup for their own individual account, add it to the 1Password app alongside their Families one, and then move the data from the old account to the new one.

And for family organizers there is an option to switch to an individual account. So what will happen to other family members accounts if the family organizer opted for that option?

The conversion won't work until you are the only member left of the account:

• mr_nethead
    mr_nethead
    Community Member

@ag_ana Thanks for explaining. Can you speed up the process for my Service ID #FGM-81448-411?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2020

@mr_nethead:

I see that my colleagues have already been helping you via email :+1: We reply to messages in the order we receive them, so someone will get to your message as soon as possible. Considering it's weekend right now, it might take a bit longer.

In the meantime, so we don't duplicate the answers and slow down support times by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion so you can continue the conversation in private via email.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: FGM-81448-411

This discussion has been closed.