Website field contains domain.tld but doesn't match on subdomain.domain.tld

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Stricting URL matching for subdomains ?.

Comments

• klagreca
    klagreca
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for subdomain support. It would be great to simply add entries like "*.domain.com" so that one password entry covers all subdomains. It's critical for developers and those that work in development environments that spin up multiple instances of sites.

• Ben
    Options

@klagreca

It already works that way by default. If you save a Login item for '1password.com' that item will appear on all 1password.com subdomains. :)

Ben

• klagreca
    klagreca
    Community Member
    Options

Interesting. My apologies if that's correct. Its not working for me though. What did I miss?

• Ben
    Options

That's interesting, @klagreca, but unrelated to this thread. The folks here are actually asking for the behavior you are currently seeing, which is not the expected behavior. As such I'm going to split this into its own thread to avoid confusing the issue.

Could you please test something for me?

1. Create a new Login item and in the website field put google.com
    2. Navigate to https://admin.google.com in your browser (it should redirect to accounts.google.com)

Do you see the Login item for google.com there?

Ben

• klagreca
    klagreca
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben for the quick response and splitting the thread. So here's what I found:
    1. the test you suggested did work correctly.
    2. I deleted and re-created my login
    3. and it works for my first entry, washjeff.edu
    4. I'm using version 7.6

If you wanted to test yourself, try this domain: https://dev-washjeff.pantheonsite.io/wp-login.php?saml_sso=false (refresh twice to fire up the server) and the HTTAUTH is "washjeff" and "development"

Thanks! Kris

• Ben
    Options

@klagreca

Interesting! I was able to reproduce that. I'm going to file an issue with development. :) Thanks for letting us know.

Ben

ref: dev/apple/issues#4863

• klagreca
    klagreca
    Community Member
    Options

interesting! at least I'm not crazy. ;)
    Thanks and I'll look out for an update.

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben