Catalina problems

Just bought a new iMac with Catalina. I (re)installed 1Password Version 6.8.9 (689000) from the Mac App Store and it runs OK, and the Mini runs fine in Chrome, but it doesn't appear in Safari. Initially I think I saw that it said V6 was not compatible and that I needed to install V7. I'm stuck using Safari vs switching to Chrome (long story) so...

1. Do I really need I need to upgrade to 1PW 7 to keep Safari? I can only see a subscription model, is there a standalone license model?
    a. I run two users on my iMac (mine and my wife's). Since it's the same root app I assume I can run an individual license and not require a family model.
  2. Do I have to upgrade IOS versions as well?
  3. How about Windows? I run Windows 7 in a virtual machine and now getting messages that I need to upgrade to V4 (See attachments)]
  4. Most critical...I had a secondary vault on my old iMac but it's not showing up on the new one...How do I get that added to the new iMac (I assume I should do this before I upgrade...). I can't lose those passwords!!

Need answers quickly as I have to send the old Mac back in for trade-in credit in a couple of days AND I'm leaving town Saturday and need to get his running for the wife before I leave.

Thanks very much!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• RossDillon
    RossDillon
    Community Member

I fixed the second vault problem (item 4 above) by double-clicking on the second opvault in Dropbox (total guess) and voila it opened and was added. It might be useful if you provided that hint somewhere :)

• Hi @RossDillon

I'd be happy to help with those questions. 1Password 6 was retired over 2 years ago, and is incompatible with modern versions of Safari. It is not receiving further updates. Using 1Password in Safari would require 1Password 7. We are no longer advertising standalone licenses; 1Password membership is the way forward. If you and your wife want to share an individual 1Password account you could do that, however you'd both use the same credentials for 1Password, and would have access to all of the same items. If you each want your own credentials and dataset then you would need 1Password Families. Any membership includes access to the latest versions of all of our apps: Mac, iOS, Windows, etc. You can read more about the benefits of membership here:

About 1Password membership

And you can learn about how to upgrade here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

If you do go the 1Password Families route, you can learn about how to invite your wife to create an account within your membership here:

Share passwords in 1Password Families

I hope that helps!

Ben

• RossDillon
    RossDillon
    Community Member

Thank you...

• You are very welcome. :)

Ben

• RossDillon
    RossDillon
    Community Member

With an account do we still need Dropbox or do we connect to your server? Dropbox now requires a member$hip if I connect to more than three devices (which I have to unless I no longer need dropbox for 1PW)

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2020

Dropbox is not used for 1Password, when using a 1Password membeship. :) There is no limit to the number of devices you can sync your 1Password data to with membership.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.