On 1password.com, OTP sometimes appear as "One-time password" and other times as "Other Fields"

I'm spending time while not working cleaning up my 1Password data, and love the OTP support. In trying to clean things up, though, I've noted that some OTP values appear as a "one-time password" entry in the "main" fields, and other times, the OTP appears in the Other Fields section without a title. Can someone explain why? And is there some way to make these consistent? It's just bugging me... This seems to be specific to 1Password.com, as these appear consistent (as far as I can tell) in the 1Password app on the mac. THanks! -- Ken

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kengetz
    kengetz
    Community Member

Looks like I sorta figured it out, but would like to confirm: It's just a matter of deleting the section named "Other fields". Once I do that, the OTP looks the same as it does on the entries where it was correct otherwise. Is that really the only difference? Thanks.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @kengetz

I'm not entirely sure I've seen or experienced what you're describing. Are you able to replicate such instance on demand? If so, please share the steps here with me so I can test and see what you mean.

It would also help to know a bit more about your setup - which operating system are you on, which browser do you use, what versions are you using (of your OS, browser, 1Password app and 1Password extension) etc.

It doesn't sound like a crucial difference, but I'm just as curious as you :chuffed:

• kengetz
    kengetz
    Community Member
    edited July 2020

Hi. Thanks. This issue occurred because as I was setting up new login items in 1Password, if a site offered 2FA, I set it up. it seemed that 1Password didn't "know" about the option for a few sites, and I had to use the "select a new field, set the field type to One-Time Password, and then scan the code and save the item" to get the OTP to show up. For these, the 1Password.com web site shows the OTP in the Other Fields group. But now, no matter which site I try to set up, it seems that 1Password always recommends scanning the code, so it "knows" about the 2FA and sets things up correctly. I'm using 1Password 7.6 on Mac OS 10.15.5 with 1Password X 1.21.0 on Chrome 83. But like I said, it's easy to fix, and as long as 1Password knows about the 2FA when I set up the login, it's not an issue at all. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @kengetz! I checked my 1Password list and I could not find an example of this, so it might have been something happening in old versions of the app. As you said, things now seem to be working fine :)

This discussion has been closed.