1P Mini-Credit Card List Sorting

leesweet
leesweet
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Didn't see any discussion of this... I know this can be done in the main app with the recent sort additions, but don't see a way to do this in the browser mini, and this is where you actually use the data most often. Any plans to do the same? I have a number of credit cards in the list, but only one is 'most used'. There's always the fake name to get it to the top....

1Password Version: 7.6.788
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @leesweet!

I have a number of credit cards in the list, but only one is 'most used'.

If you only have one card that is most used, have you considered marking it as a favorite?

• leesweet
    leesweet
    Community Member

I have 20 things in favorites, how would adding a credit card help? That would end up having more things there than in the credit card list. I still don't see why we don't have the same sorting functionality (or a timeframe) in the most used part of the filling apparatus (the mini).

• leesweet
    leesweet
    Community Member

And: credit cards don't show in the favorites list, and it seems tagging a credit card as a favorite does nothing in the mini. What did you expect it to do? Totally confused now.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@leesweet:

I have 20 things in favorites, how would adding a credit card help?

Thank you! This is something you did not mention before, so it's good to have all information in order to help you :+1:

I still don't see why we don't have the same sorting functionality (or a timeframe) in the most used part of the filling apparatus (the mini).

I think it's because 1Password mini is, well, a mini version of the 1Password app. It's meant for quick access to a subset of features, but it's not supposed to have all features that you can have in the main 1Password app.

And: credit cards don't show in the favorites list, and it seems tagging a credit card as a favorite does nothing in the mini. What did you expect it to do? Totally confused now.

They do for me, so they should totally show for you too. Here is a screenshot from my machine:

So that is what I was expecting to happen :)

• leesweet
    leesweet
    Community Member

This makes no sense at all. Who would have one or two things in favorites? In any case, I don't see how you can say the mini is the lesser version. You go to a site, you use the mini to fill the form. I never use the 'main app' unless I have to copy and paste something that isn't a web page or to get things like secret question answers. Being able to sort things there is hardly useful. In any point, I don't think this is worth discussing since you've not even offered to put this on the features list, and it seems down below that mini is seldom worked on at all.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2020

@leesweet:

Being able to sort things there is hardly useful. In any point, I don't think this is worth discussing since you've not even offered to put this on the features list, and it seems down below that mini is seldom worked on at all.

1Password mini actually received several updates and fixes in the last versions (you can see our complete changelog here), so we are certainly always open to new ideas, especially in our beta channel :)

I also record customer suggestions in our internal tracking system every time. But it's good that you pointed this out, I will try to make a habit of writing this every time and make it explicit in every message. Thank you for the suggestion :+1:

And thank you so much for taking the time to share this feedback with us in the first place! It's great that you are so passionate about 1Password. Please let us know every idea you can think of to make 1Password better, we are always happy to read them.

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#26

This discussion has been closed.