Multiple Login’s for a credit card payment site

mercuryrsng
mercuryrsng
Community Member

I have a constant issue with a credit card payment site. The site is d.comenity.net. I have 5 different credit cards that use this payment system with original addresses that use d.comenity.net/XXXXXXX where the X’s are the site specific data . When I visit the site on mobile and tap the Username or Password box, the pop up to fill the username and password only shows me the multiple login names and d.comenity.net, but not the actual name of the credit card site that I am visiting. I am constantly choosing the incorrect item and I get locked out of my accounts because I use some of the same user names. It’s a bit hard to explain but I could send someone a modified screenshot with the user names blacked out.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mercuryrsng!

When I visit the site on mobile and tap the Username or Password box, the pop up to fill the username and password only shows me the multiple login names and d.comenity.net, but not the actual name of the credit card site that I am visiting.

1Password looks at the domain of the website (comenity.net) to show you relevant logins, it does not differentiate based on what comes after the "/" in the URL. This is why it shows you the username: the idea is that when you have multiple logins for a website, you should be able to differentiate between them based on the username. Is the username not enough in this case?

• mercuryrsng
    mercuryrsng
    Community Member
    edited July 2020

Hello @ag_ana,

Thanks for responding.

I mostly use the same usernames for many websites. But even if I used different usernames, they would all still appear as options to choose from and it would be very difficult to decide which is which.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mercuryrsng:

Thank you for the clarification. In your case, I don't think there are other workarounds other than perhaps changing the item titles to make them more meaningful to you in the list.

• mercuryrsng
    mercuryrsng
    Community Member

Thanks I’ll give it a shot. Have a great one!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @mercuryrsng! :) If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• mercuryrsng
    mercuryrsng
    Community Member
    edited July 2020

So @ag_ana, I just tested all of the websites on desktop and the desktop version doesn't has an issue deciding which login should be auto filled. It auto fills correctly every time and doesn't even have to offer me choices. Only the iOS app has a hard time figuring it out. Why would that be?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mercuryrsng:

1Password can work differently depending on what the operating system allows it to do, so there might be a difference. If you want, we can investigate this privately via email at support+forum@agilebits.com and see if we can reproduce the same behavior, so you don't have to share URLs on a public forum ;)

• mercuryrsng
    mercuryrsng
    Community Member

Sure I guess it’s worth a try. I’ll send an email and reference this conversation. Do I need to mention anything else?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mercuryrsng:

A link to this conversation will be enough :+1:

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• mercuryrsng
    mercuryrsng
    Community Member

I did it. Thanks. Support ID #FIM-79129-173

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mercuryrsng:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: FIM-79129-173

• mercuryrsng
    mercuryrsng
    Community Member

Thank you again!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Anytime :)

This discussion has been closed.