safari extension not working

gavonder
gavonder
Community Member

Just got a new Mac with OS 10.15.5, & transferred from old 1P 6 to newly purchased 1P 7. The safari extension is loaded & showing in the menu bar. Extensions are turned on in safari & the 1P app, but nothing happens when I click on it. Also, just noticed as I filled in the login for this site, it did not prompt me to save the login info.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.6 (70600005) 1Password Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.15.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:autofill

Comments

• Hi @gavonder

Can you try quitting Safari followed by quitting 1Password completely?

1. Look for the 1Password helper in the menu bar. Right-click on it and select Quit 1Password completely.
    2. Open 1Password and Unlock before opening the browser.

Also, please make sure you have disabled the browser password manager it has on occasion interfered with 1Password being able to save details.
    https://support.1password.com/disable-browser-password-manager/

• gavonder
    gavonder
    Community Member

Genius! I can't tell you how many times I quit, restarted, reinstalled. I guess just not in the right order, Thanks!!

• gavonder
    gavonder
    Community Member

I spoke too soon. After a restart, the extension is gone & not showing in safari prefs either. It's turned on in 1P prefs. Very frustrating for a $65 app

• gavonder
    gavonder
    Community Member

What a nightmare! v6 was so much better & just worked!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@gavonder:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• gavonder
    gavonder
    Community Member

I was able to reinstall again & got it working.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @gavonder! That's great to hear :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.