Can't establish a connection with a desktop version

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password X touch id?.

Comments

• clgood
    clgood
    Community Member

I'm running 1.21.0.beta (build #20116) – released 2020-07-02 on Brave. It's stopped using Touch ID. I do have the latest 1Password 7 installed, and it unlocks with Touch ID just fine. My 1Password X settings page says it can't establish a connection with a desktop version.

So I'm kind of stuck.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @clgood!

What version of the desktop 1Password for Mac app are you currently running?

• clgood
    clgood
    Community Member

7.6.1 BETA-0 (70601000). It insists that it's the latest if I do a Check for Updates.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@clgood:

That's indeed the latest version :+1: Thank you for the confirmation.

I would like to ask you to get some logs from 1Password X and email them to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• clgood
    clgood
    Community Member

I just emailed the log. The ticket number is [#TIE-17142-661].

Reproducing the bug was just a matter of hitting shift-cmd-x and then typing in my master password, because no Touch ID was offered.

Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@clgood:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: TIE-17142-661

• clgood
    clgood
    Community Member

Yay! After the last suggested quit/restart/toggle dance the Touch ID seems to be working! Thanks.

• @clgood

That's great news. Thanks for sharing.

This discussion has been closed.