Managing passwords for multiple Projects with the same URL

Options

The following scenario:
I have various projects running on my web server under one domain, such as a cloud, Wordpress, a forum, time tracking, etc. The installations are outsourced to subfolders or subdomains, but the base domain is always the same.

Example:
www.mydomain.de (base domain)
www.mydomain.de/timetrack (time recording)
www.cloud.mydomain.cde (Cloud)

Now the problem:
When I retrieve 1Password via my shortcut, I get a list of all logins that are related to the domain, but not for the particular project/installation. So in 1Password I always have to choose manually what exactly I want to log in for. On the Mac this is still relatively easy, because it is clearly arranged and I can see my assigned password title, but under iOS it is inscrutable. For example, to log in to my forum, iOS always recommends the wrong password. So I have to click on the key symbol on the right to get a list of all secured passwords, which contains more than 20 entries. Since the title is missing here and only the login name is displayed, I cannot identify which is the correct login for my forum. So I have to open 1Password (at the end of the list) and only there I see the correct login, because here the password titles are displayed (e.g. phpBB forum).

My question:
How do I get it in this case, that only the correct passwords are displayed for my project pages. That means that when I access mydomain.de/forum, only the one password is displayed that is valid for the forum. Or at the subdomain cloud.mydomain.de etc. ??

All Versions from 1Password, Mac OS and iOS are on the latest available Version. no Beta.

Thanks for help...
Robin

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @berlinhimmel!

This is currently not possible I am afraid, because 1Password works by looking at the domain of the website (mydomain.de). So no matter what you add after the "/", 1Password will show you all logins since they belong to the same domain.

In this case, if the username is not enough to differentiate between the logins, I think you can only change the item Title to make it more meaningful in the list.

• berlinhimmel
    berlinhimmel
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the replay...

The Item Name will sadly not displayed in the iOS Password Access (I'm not meaning the iOS 1PW App, I mean the iOS Access / Browser Extension or whatever it is named). There I will only see the Loginname like a Mailadress or Nickname. On 1PW on the Mac I using Titles and can search for them.

For future Updates it would be a good thing to have an option where I can say... "Only use the PW if the complete URL is identical"

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Understood @berlinhimmel, thank you for the feedback! :+1:

• john_oshea
    john_oshea
    Community Member
    Options

If there's any internal counter against requests, please add a +1 from me. We have a similar situation at work, where we have multiple projects, each with their own subdomain (so the URLs look like {project}.ourdomain.com). Anything that would help with that would be wonderful, as I think an internal single sign on system is some way off for us yet ;)

• :+1: Thanks for sharing, @john_oshea.

This discussion has been closed.