Web app gets frozen when saving passwords in Centos 8

Options

Hello, I've been trying out password managers the last days trying to find the one that works best for me. I am new to 1password and my OS is Centos 8.

I installed the 1password extension in Firefox (version 68) and Chrome (version 80). Each time I try to use 1password to remember a password just after I filled it on a website, the page gets frozen upon clicking the 1password droplist asking to save the information and no password is saved to the vault.

In addition, when opening the app in the browser (by clicking the icon on the top right) I cannot input passwords there either. I click the plus button and it triggers nothing, does not matter if I try to add a login, credit card, secure note or any other, the effect is the same.

Is anyone running successfully 1password in Centos 8?

Looking forward to your replies :)

PD: I tried Dashlane under the same circumstances and it works fine.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.20.0
OS Version: Centos 8
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @stefanorgc! Welcome to the forum!

Do you have other extensions installed in Firefox or Chrome when this happens? I wonder if there is something that is interfering with 1Password, rather than being because of the operating system.

• stefanorgc
    stefanorgc
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply @ag_ana!

Yes. I had a number of extensions running in both Firefox and Chrome. I disabled them all and now the 1password extension runs with no problem. After that, now I can also enable the rest of the extensions with no conflict.

• Thanks for giving that a try and closing the loop on this one, @stefanorgc. :smile: I hope you have a great rest of the day!

This discussion has been closed.