mutliple fields autofill broke

Hello,

@brenty was so nice as to help me set it up the first time:
https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/86074/yet-another-multiple-fields-autofill-issue

Somehow it broke again. Now the pwd for the field "passwd1" is auto-filled to the field with id "passwd" instead and "passwd1" field is remaining empty. The uername is properly autofilled though.

I tried inspecting the fields, but the field IDs do not seem to have changed, I see "passwd" and "passwd1" still listed, so I'm at a loss why it stopped working.

I'm on 1password for macOS 7.6, with Chrome browser and 1password extension 4.7.5.90 (NOT 1Password X). I tested this on Safari as well, same result.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2020

Hi @kaz219!

I have tested this website, and I was able to get 1Password to fill all three fields fields successfully. Once again, I created a login manually in the browser to make this work:

How to save a Login manually in your browser

I wonder if something changed on the website since the last time you created this login, so I wonder if creating a new test login for scratch will make this work for you once again.

• kaz219
    kaz219
    Community Member

Ha! That (create new login using the 1password add-on, after having filled out all 3 fields) didn't work originally which is why @brenty had to so kindly help me, hence I didn't even try this time, but it actually worked this time! THANKS!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @kaz219! I am glad to hear this :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• kaz219
    kaz219
    Community Member

Hi @ag_anna, it seems it's broken again, now passcode and password are swapped when autofilling.

I tried saving as a new login again, but now the 1password extension doesn't capture the content of passcode anymore at all...

• Hey @kaz219. I'm sorry for the continued trouble with that site. They don't make it easy, what with giving the fields random names that change on each page load. But I have what should be a solution for you. Can you download this file, double-click to import into 1Password, and then edit the values in it to match your actual information? You'll need to click the button to edit the web form details, too, once you're in edit mode for the item.

https://bucket.agilebits.com/michaelc/HSBC-Export.1pif

Let me know how this goes or if you have any difficulty doing the actual import.

• kaz219
    kaz219
    Community Member

Amazing @ag_michaelc, thanks a lot, it works. Out of curiosity, why wasn't the solution created by @brenty (see link above) working anymore? Maybe I learn a thing or two and I can fix this myself next time.

• Your best initial bet is still to try saving a login manually, as Ana suggested above. The data from littlebobbytables a few years ago is quite similar to what I provided, just adjusted for the newer filling Brain that was shipped in 1Password 7.6. Feel free to ask about any other sites you have issues with; that's what we're here for. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.